Our Privacy & Cookies Policy
As a blog and interactive travel and adventure site we love to connect with you and by visiting this website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
© Copyright © 2017 – 2018 Destination Addict & The Green Club Ltd All Rights Reserved. All materials contained within this website – including all plug-ins, video, audio and written content – remain the copyright of Destination Addict & The Green Club Ltd. All copying – of any kind – is strictly prohibited. Should you wish to use any content, please contact [email protected]
The Cookies We Use
|Blog Post / Comments||Persistent||1 Year||If you leave a comment on our website e.g on a page, article or blog post, then a cookie maybe stored to 'remember' your email for the next time you post. (Should you choose the 'remember me button'). You will also have the option from here to subscribe to our email updates if you so wish.|
|Google Analytics||Persistent||1 Year||To understand how people use our website, and for us to discover areas on our website with issues we use Google Analytics. Most websites use an analytic platform like this. The data it collects helps us see things like how many people visit our site, which country they are from, how many pages they visited, how long they are on the site for, how fast our site is loaded and so on. All data is completely anonymous and does not identify you as an individual in any way.|
|WooCommerce||Session||30 days||WooCommerce uses 3 cookies -|
|WordPress||Persistent||1 Year||WordPress is the content management system (CMS) that runs this website. It uses a cookie when logging in and out and is essential for proper website operation. It is only set if you are a registered user, so for most people it is not set at all. All user data is anonymous.|
How You Block Cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, please be aware that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use this website. In particular, you may not be able to access all or parts of the website or use the functionalities contained on it.
Personal Data We Collect
Our website collects personal data by itself or through third parties.
Data we (www.destinationaddict.com) collect are:
– Email Address
We will collect and process the following categories of data about you:
– Information you give us. This is information about you, that you give us by filling in forms on our website (Site), interacting with the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you sign up to our emails & newsletter service, make an enquiry about our products and services or email us with any questions / enquiries.
The information you give us will include all or more likely some of the following information – your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, as well as preliminary information about your business.
– Information we collect about you. This is information that we collect automatically about your visit during your time on the Site. It typically involves technical information and is often collected using small data files called “cookies”. This information helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Site and also to indicate where the Site requires improvement.
– Information we receive from other sources. This is information that we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share your data.
This also includes information that we receive from third parties, such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and so on. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We will not send you spam or pass your details onto 3rd Parties outside www.destinationaddict.com.
Social Media Platforms
We operate social media platforms. These platforms are, in most cases, operated outside of the EU and do not comply with current Data Privacy Act and subsequent GDPR provision although they may well conform to the U.S Privacy Shield protocol.
It is our process and protocol that any personally identifiable data gathered on these platforms is only in response to users interacting out of their own volition with our marketing pages. The contact is deemed as a legitimate business enquiry. The personal contact data is removed from the site once the enquiry is processed or the user has requested so.
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. We anonymise this data at the point of collection and automatically delete user and event data that is older than two years.
Though our online store and WooCommerce we use Square and PayPal which are third party payment gateways. These payment gateways collect information that is required and enables purchasing of goods or services through www.destinationaddict.com.
Information shared with a payment provider to process payments includes :
- City / State / Zip
- Unique payment identifier
- Payment provider identifier
How We Collect Your Data
– When you sign up for our email updates & newsletter
– When you visit our website
– When you click through to use third party products or services
– When you contact us directly
– When you purchase items through our store
Contacting Our Users
Mailing List & Direct Email Marketing (This website)
When you opt in to receive email updates & newsletter emails from us, your email address will be added to our mailing list. Members of this mailing list may receive email messages containing information of commercial or promotional nature. These emails may concern this website, products related to our service offered by our affiliate partners, or other products offered by www.destinationaddict.com. We may also send you emails to help improve our products, such as a survey. You can unsubscribe here and in the footer of every email, you can update your email preferences here.
Personal data collected:
– Email address
Where We Store Your Data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’, secure servers (Bluehost, WordPress & Mail Chimp) , and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
– Using SSL certificates
– Using anti-virus protection software
– Encrypting data
– Carrying out regular back-ups
Data is also captured and stored by third party cookies which is explained below. This is also outlined in section ‘The Cookies We Use’ above.
This service allows this website to display advertisements for third party products or services. Adverts can be displayed either as advertising links, banners, or widgets using various kinds of graphics and interactive platforms. Clicks on these services are tracked by third party services and shared with this site.
We are commercially affiliated with the following companies which use the following information.
– Usage data
– Usage data
– Usage data
– Usage data
– Usage data
The data retention for cookies is outlined above in our ‘The Cookies We Use’ section. Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by you, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, you can always request that we suspend or remove the data. We will delete your data if you choose to delete your account. You can unsubscribe to our emails and newsletter anytime by following this LINK.
At any time, you can contact us to withdraw consent, suspend further processing, object to our use of data for marketing purposes, demand access and/or a copy of your data, amend your data, or request for it to be deleted.
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
– The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
– The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
– The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
– The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it (such as you have withdrawn your consent);
– The right to restrict the use of your information;
– The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
– The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
– The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
This site contains links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Data Protection Officer
Adam Peck – [email protected]
We hope you continue to enjoy using our website and the service that we provide to you.